Certified Ergonomic Assessment Specialist Cheyenne Rivers of Missoula-based ErgoWellness gives the following insights and recommendations for staying energized while working at your computer.
Here are some quick tips to feel energized while working at the computer! Implementation and commitment to health and wellness while computing will help you feel relaxed energized and more efficient throughout your work day!
1. Energize and Exercise!
2. Warm up.
3. Ensure your workstation is comfortable for your body.
- Alignment: body is properly aligned
- Placement: all items are within comfortable reach, use all vertical space well
- Movement: move comfortably and stretch frequently
4. Use the 20/20 rule.
- Every 20 minutes, take a 20 second break.
- Every hour, get up and stretch for 5 minutes.
5. Get set up at RSIguard.com for easy exercise reminders!
6. Change your relationship with the computer, and mix up the tools you use. Try a computer tablet for the mouse, and what about a Dictate program?
7. Drink water and eat well!
8. Become efficient.
9. Get help if you are in pain!
1. Stay stagnant
2. Twist, crowd legs and arms
3. Keyboard and mouse click without frequent breaks
4. Stay silent if you are uncomfortable or in pain
5. Forget to eat and stay hydrated
Cheyenne Rivers, CEAS