Inflammation is the body’s natural response to infection and injury. While initial inflammation is necessary for healthy healing, prolonged inflammation can actually decrease the body’s immunity and prevent tissues from repairing. Here are some tips to reduce chronic inflammation without the need for over the counter medication.
- Eat Organic: Organic foods are free of pesticides that build up in the body and are stored in the body’s tissues increasing free radicals that lead to inflammation and cholesterol build up.
- Look for free range and low nitrate meats: Free range meat is low in preservatives like sodium nitrate and steroids that trigger inflammation in cells.
- Eat protein with every meal: Adding lean protein such as chicken or eggs to your meal will help to ensure your body gets an adequate amount of amino acids which are key in many vital cell functions.
- Eat the Rainbow: Eating a variety of fruits and vegetables ensures that your body in getting all the essential vitamins and mineral. Also brightly colored fruit are high in anti-oxidants which help reduce free radicals.
- Increase Omege-3 Fatty Acids: Your fat in directly related to inflammation. By increasing omega-3 fatty acid in your diet you will help reduce free radicals and lead to better heart health.
- Replace Non Nutritive Carbohydrates with Complex Ones: Replace pastas, breads and rice with complex carbohydrates such as spinach zucchini and beans high in fiber will help you feel fuller longer and help reduce the amount of fat stored in the body.