I want to help you find fitness fulfillment. What better time, just when those New Years’ resolutions have about petered out. Perhaps this encouragement will help kickstart things and get you started . . . or moving in the right direction again.
Are you ready to exercise? Stop. Ask why? Too many people fail. Just keep an eye on the gym parking lot in January and February and compare to March.
Get a plan. Learn what works. If you don’t know, ask.
Answer the question”why?”
Are you after strength? Endurance? Longevity? General health? Weight loss? Or to be able to wrestle with your kids . . . and win!
Here are some key ideas to help you on your path to fitness success.
- Location — Make it accessible and easy. This could be as simple as your living room. Or it could be a conveniently located fitness facility.
- Help — Get information online, with the help of a personal trainer, a person skilled in guiding your nutritional needs.
- Goals — Set ’em. Consider a comprehensive baseline through your doctor or gym. Or simply look in the mirror as your baseline. Track your goals
- Team — Get a team around you, perhaps to include a friend or two. Or join a fitness class.
- Rewards — Do yourself up. Look good! After 4 to 6 weeks, reward yourself by getting some new shoes or a cool outfit.